The Hive’s Red Lentils should be everyone’s go-to for their daily protein intake. Best served in stews or soups, their complex carbohydrates and dietary fibres provides you with a lot of energy to burn while stabilising your blood sugar level. Red lentils are high in nutrients and low in calories, which makes them perfect for a satisfying yet filling meal!
- Reduce risk of heart diseases
- Improve digestion
- Boosts metabolism
- High in folic acid
Red Lentil Baked Falafel to Impress Your Dinner Party Guests
- 2 cups of cooked Red Lentils from the Hive
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro (leaves and stems)
- 1 handful of fresh parsley (leaves and stems)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoon of flour
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Place all the ingredients except flour into a food processor and blend until combined.
- Combine one tablespoon of flour at a time and mix together.
- Form into patties and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350°C for 20 minutes.
- Serve with warm pita bread and hummus.