Have you tried them Red yet? Get your supply of Kelantan Red Rice at The Hive, a variety of rice that contains high concentration of anthocyanin lending them multiple health benefits including reducing inflammations and fighting allergies.
As compared to regular variety of white rice, Kelantan red rice does not go through the process of grinding retaining their top layer of skin and protecting all nutrients and fibre within. Unprocessed and organic, is how we believe most food should be consumed anyway.
Consuming red rice regularly will also help in normalising your breathing due to the high amount of magnesium. So, what are you waiting for? Trade your bowl of white rice for a bowl of red goodness instead!
- Anthocyanins in red rice help to prevent inflammation and reduce allergies
- Kelantan Red Rice is naturally high in fibre and low in fats, making it a great addition to your diet if you are on the weight loss journey.
- The fibrous content of red rice also helps in improving digestion.
- High content of iron and vitamin B6 keeps your skin healthy and glowing.
- Red rice is high in antioxidants which aids in eliminating toxins from your body.
- Essential minerals like manganese and magnesium in the red rice work to strengthen overall metabolism.
- Due to the high fibre content, red rice has a low glycemic index which means even patients with diabetes can enjoy a bowl of steaming rice when the craving sets in.
Storage and shelf life:
Store in a cool and dry place for about 6 months.
Fun ways to enjoy The Hive’s Kelantan Red Rice
- Wrap boiled red rice up in your breakfast burritos for an extra boost of nutrients!
- Serve red rice alongside your favourite soup and your tummy will thank us later.
- Gently roast the red rice to enhance its nutty flavour and cook it in vegetable stock for 30 mins. You can add the cooked rice to salads for colour and texture.
- Mix your white rice and red rice together for a melody of colours on the plate. Enjoy it with your favourite curry or added a slice of roasted chicken to create a perfectly balanced meal.