Kelulut Trigona Stingless Bee Honey
The Hive’s kelulut honey is 100% raw and naturally produced by Trigona/Kelulut stingless bees found in Malaysia. It has sour taste profile and distinctive aromatic floral flavor with a velvety smooth texture. In contrast to another type of local honey species, this kelulut honey contains a higher phenolic compounds thus posses a stronger antioxidant activity.
It is also reported that antimicrobial activity of kelulut honey is a little bit stronger as compare to other types of honey. Moreover, kelulut honey contains a lot more nutrients such as potassium, magnesium iron and zinc which beneficial for us.
More health benefits of Kelulut Trigona Stingless Bee Honey:
- Increased energy where it will be useful for someone who is constantly tired and exhausted
- Contains 10times more antioxidant than regular honey- Source: MARDI
- Reduced inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial
- Controls blood sugar level-low sugar content
- Improves blood circulation
- Maintains normal blood pressure
- Improves skin condition
- Wound healing
- Not to forget, they also plays important roles in treating eyesight problems. For instance, cataracts
Stores your kelulut honey in a cool dry place or refrigate.
Apart from eating kelulut honey as it is, you might also want to enjoy the recipe from Jun and Tonic on how to do garlic-fermented kelulut honey or maybe our Organic Extra Virgin Coconut which is available in The Hive’s stores now!
Image credited to Jun and Tonic