Black fungus mushrooms, scientifically known as AURICULARIA AURICULA, have been a staple of traditional Chinese medicine for centuries. Also commonly known as wood ear or cloud ear mushrooms, due to their resemblance to a human ear, these dark black and brown fungi have a chewy texture when fresh, and a very hard texture when dry. It is used commonly in Chinese and Japanese cuisine.
1) High Iron content relieve symptoms of Anaemia
2) Improve Heart Health – Reduce Risk of Heart Disease / Stroke
3) Powerful Antioxidant
4) Detoxify Body – Purify Lungs & Digestive Systems, Counteract effects of radiation & chemotherapy.
5) Aid Weight Loss – Discourage Fat Absorption
Characteristic to Taste : Crunchy, Hard, Sandy, Bigger in piece. After cooking, it has a crunchy and clean mouthfeel, slightly like jellyfish.
How to use:
1) Soak in water until soft. May take around 1-2 hours.
2) Clean the mushroom.
3) Ways of cooking : Stir fry with vegetable, make soup broth / dumplings/ won ton & etc.