Many commercial chemical sunscreens sold at your local drugstores contain toxic ingredients and hormone-disrupting chemicals that in many cases can actually promote skin cancer growth and free radical production in the body. Sunscreen ingredient like Oxybenzone, a known hormone disruptor that is not recommended for use on children because it prevents correct hormone formation.
Even more alarming? Researchers estimate that over 5,000 metric tons of chemical sunscreens that wash into the ocean, results in coral reef bleaching. Starting to see the reason some chemical sunscreens may do more harm than good?
A safer option for you, your family and our ocean? Our natural sunscreen uses Zinc Oxide, a powdered mineral that sits on top of the skin, scattering, reflecting, and absorbing UVA & UVB rays. This ingredient is less harmful to corals and is not linked to coral bleaching.
➤ IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: This product will be renamed in the near future to abide rules and regulations of the Ministry of Health (MOH) / Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia (KKM). This is a natural recipe and has not been tested scientifically in a laboratory for exact SPF. For this reason, we can’t (and don’t) make any claims or even guesses as to the combined SPF.
➤ How to Use
Apply a thin layer to clean skin. The white cast will disappear as you rub it in. Start with a little and build up if you need to. Can be used on face, body and lips. Reapply at least every 2 hours or after sweating and swimming.
• Raw Shea Butter: anti-inflammatory and collagen-boosting properties
• Candelilla Wax: anti-inflammatory
• Virgin Coconut Oil: hydrates and conditions skin, anti-bacterial
• Zinc Oxide: highly effective in protecting against both UVA and UVB rays, the types of UV radiation that cause sunburn and skin cancer.
• Can be used on face, body and lips
• Will not bleach the ocean reef
• Broad-spectrum in UVA and UVB
• Pregnant, Breastfeeding and Children safe
• Zinc Oxide is the ONLY sunscreen active ingredient that’s been tested and FDA approved for use on babies under 6 months of age and children – this illustrates its high degree of safety.
• Zinc Oxide can be used to heal wounds, reduce the tenderness associated with sunburns and soften chapped skin. When zinc oxide is applied to the wound area, it provides the body with the extra zinc it needs to repair skin cells. Zinc oxide helps keep the wound area moist and clean.
➤ More Information
• Sun protection should always be reapplied every 2 hours for maximum protection against sun damage.
• Sunscreens with Zinc Oxide often appear white on the skin.
• This sunscreen is not waterproof and will need to be reapplied after sweating or swimming.
• Due to the nature of using 100% natural ingredients, the colour or texture can occasionally vary. If texture changes (melted runny liquid texture or small ball-like texture) simply place the jar in hot water until melted, keep the cap closed to avoid water condensation from entering the product, then place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
➤ Caution & Care
Nett Weight: 100g | Shelf Life: 1 year from opening