Kelantan Red Rice (100g)
- A special variety of rice that is red in color because it contains anthocyanins.
- Generally unhulled which has not been through the process of grinding or flaking skin completely, so the layer of skin that surrounds the grain still exists.
- The layer of skin that contains nutrients and fiber that are important for the body.
- Has a nutty flavor, and a high nutritional value, as the germ of the rice is left intact.
- Anthocyanins, have properties that can reduce inflammation, allergy, prevent risks of cancer and help in weight management
- Manganese helps in strengthening metabolism, while magnesium helps in migraine, lowers blood pressure as well as risks of heart attacks
- Calcium, Magnesium helps in maintaining healthy bones and teeth, and prevents risks of arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Selenium on the other hand protects the body against infections.
- High in fibre makes digestion process slow, which leads to a strengthened digestive system. Fibre also aids in slowing down the rate at which carbs are converted into blood sugar; therefore fibrous foods are low on the glycemic load.
- Enjoy the healthy rice with other healthy dish